Territory Sales Representative - Hiring Now!
Company: Champion Petfoods
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Do you love people and pets?
We may have the perfect job for you. Sales, travel, and happy pets
too. We are looking for a Territory Sales Representative to join
our high performing sales team on a 18 month maternity leave
contract. Based in and covering Ottawa and Eastern Ontario, you
will represent Champion Petfoods, ORIJEN and ACANA brands, to
retail and distribution partners. It goes without saying, this is a
high visibility role. As a Territory Sales Representative, you will
build partnerships with retailers and distributors by understanding
and supporting their businesses and inspiring them with our Vison
of becoming The Global Leader in Advancing Premium Foods for Pets ,
and our purpose to Earn Pet Lover Trust Every Day so Pets Thrive
for a Lifetime , as well as to uphold Champion's incredible
reputation. You don't have to have pets to succeed here, but we're
pretty sure you'll want one! You'll have the opportunity
- Establish and maintain productive relationships, partnering
with distributor and retail accounts while advocating our vision,
purpose, and values.
- Sell in, leveraging all available resources from National,
Regional and Territory specific available support programs to
secure promotional and merchandising activity within a defined list
of regional accounts.
- Perform and manage retail store coverage and service frequency
by call cycle to upwards of 190 retail partners within
- Promote a fast-moving brand's awareness, increase sales, and
boost customer engagement.
- Deliver inspired education and training to distributor sales
team, retail partners, and consumers.
- Implement Champion's merchandising and branding standards.
- Work industry shows and weekend events that engage and educate
consumers on the ORIJEN and ACANA brands.
- Collaborate and partner with Distributor Sales Representatives
driving profitable sales growth for Champion Petfoods and our
- Communicate field activity to the Regional Manager through
daily and weekly reporting, working together on scheduling,
prioritizing, and territory planning.
- Develop market knowledge with awareness of competitor's
offerings from both the consumer and retailer point of view.
Background & Experience:
- Outside sales experience ideally within the pet specialty
industry, consumer packaged goods/retail experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Teamwork focused in a remote work environment with a bias for
- CRM knowledge and an aptitude for technology.
- Experience presenting to large and small groups.
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% locally, 4-5 nights per month
overnight, with some availability for work events on evenings and
- Compliant with provincial vaccination guidelines. Keeping pets
happy and healthy since 1985. We are Champion Petfoods, a crew of
pet enthusiasts looking to better the quality of food for our
four-legged friends around the world. With over thirty years of
growth in the pet food industry, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands have
defined our vision of being The Global Leader in Advancing Premium
Food for Pets. If this excites you as much as it does us, then we
would love to hear from you! Come as you are. We value diversity in
all forms and know the power it can bring. Workplace equality
allows for creative ideas to bloom, diverse points of views to be
heard, and increases overall happiness. That sounds pretty good to
us. Champion is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of your
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other
creed, you are wanted here.
Keywords: Champion Petfoods, Ontario , Territory Sales Representative - Hiring Now!, Sales , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!