Forklift Operator II (732)
Company: NFI Industries
Posted on: September 16, 2023
The Forklift Operator II is responsible for operating material
handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating,
stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for
the safe and efficient operation of the forklift and may also be
required to perform order filler or order checker duties in
addition to his or her own. This position is responsible for
operating multiple types of forklift equipment and ability to
operate within a rack warehouse environment. The Forklift Operator
II needs to be able to operate sit-down/standup, clamp, cherry and
reach equipment. Forklift certification required on at least 3
pieces of equipment. Must operate as their scope of work fifty
percent or more of their time on these types of equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Stacks and stores merchandise in designated areas using a
sit-down/standup, clamp, cherry and/or reach equipment. 50% of
their service time in the business.
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and moves product to storage
- Pulls and prepares products for shipment
- Ensures that the exact number and type of product is loaded and
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner meeting customer
- Moves product from staging and/or storage areas into
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following
prescribed work methods
- Maintains appropriate records and reports to guarantee
inventory control and security
- Assists in physical inventories
- Ensures proper stock rotation
- Conducts cycle counts as requested
- Must have Excel knowledge plus general computer knowledge
- Basic safety understanding in operating equipment
- Responsible for reporting safety concerns to management in a
- Report inventory discrepancies to inventory control team and
assists in resolution
- Must be able to complete inspection form prior operating
- Must be able to use RF scanning equipment to ensure accuracy of
- Monday -Friday 5am-1:30pm
- Monday-Friday 2pm-10:30pm
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- At least 1 year forklift experience and/or using warehouse
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be able to lift and/or pull 50 lbs. without
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below
the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the distribution center and around the area with
great frequency, facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise
levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to
access all areas of building without limitations.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours
including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must have attention to detail, excellent customer service
skills and basic math skills
We are excited to share the base hourly rate for this position is
$18/HOUR. This position may also be eligible for an additional
$1.00 based on shift work. NFI takes into consideration applicants'
qualifications, experience, education, geographic location, when
determining a starting rate of pay.
Employees are also eligible for a robust benefit program , which
includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k
Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Paid
Parental Leave, among other benefit plan options.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: NFI Industries, Ontario , Forklift Operator II (732), Professions , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!