Driver - CDL
Company: White Cap
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Call for more information! Job Description:A position at White
Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an exciting and diverse
environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career
opportunities. The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust
on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully
capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving
force behind this commitment. Job Summary Make deliveries to
customer job sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety
procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Operate trucks to pick up and deliver products, supplies and
equipment to and from organization, supplier and customer sites.
Duties may involve complex pickups and deliveries, e.g., night
deliveries, transport of dangerous and hazardous materials. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance
with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc.
Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and internal
policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents,
traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards
and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of
ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders
for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking
all incoming material. Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- Have a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the
relevant endorsements required for type of equipment being operated
(i.e. Hazardous Material to transport hazardous materials that
- Two (2) years of commercial driving experience compliant with
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Forklift certification preferred. If you're looking to play a
role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities.
We can't wait to meet you. For California job seekers: Pay Range
$22.80-$31.90 Hourly California law requires the posting of the
salary range for advertised jobs. This range is determined based on
market data and internal pay practices to establish a minimum and
maximum value for a job. Individual base pay is determined based on
a variety of elements including experience, skills, internal equity
and other factors. For additional details on benefits, please
review the full job description on White Cap Jobs () Functional
Area Logistics Recruiter Machart, Frank Req ID WCJR-010956 White
Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law. Qualified candidates, call or click to apply
Keywords: White Cap, Ontario , Driver - CDL, Professions , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...