Maintenance Conveyor Technician I
Company: Ceva Logistics U.S., Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
YOUR ROLE This opportuniry is for the 2nd Shift, Monday -
Friday, 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm. * Responsible for the day-to-day
operation of company facilities.
* Repair, maintain, troubleshoot and installation of all types of
powered and non-powered conveyors, PLC/SLC systems, material
handling equipment, dimensional systems, electrical/electronic
systems, and other production floor equipment.
* Maintenance and operation of fire protection, security and
exhaust/ventilation system Repair and operational support of
optical scanning, weighing devices, PLC electronics and logic
* Estimates labor/materials costs for construction repairs.
* Acts as liaison with outside vendors and suppliers.
* Reviews and estimates design costs, labor, materials and other
related costs in facility planning.
* Ensures adherence to company facility standards - housekeeping
* May develop criteria and performance specifications for
facilities and equipment to meet unusual operating requirements and
building and safety codes.
* Responsible for reviewing, enhancing, and suggesting improvements
in the organization's operational efficiency regarding
environmental conscientiousness and sustainability.
* Researches and suggests improvements in facilities operational
efficiencies to support the reduction of natural resource
* Responsible for the repair maintenance, troubleshooting and
installation of HVAC systems, electrical distribution, sheet metal,
high rack storage, compactors, dock shelters and equipment.
* Assist employees with internal moves. Health and Safety *
Accidents, near-miss incidents, and any other health and safety
concerns must be reported to management/health and safety
* Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the distribution
center by ensuring all work areas are clean, orderly and in
compliance with 5S.
* Adhere to all safety policies/practices. Physical Demands * While
performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to
stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.
* This position may be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch as it
relates to product handling and distribution, and must regularly
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* This position will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical
* This position will be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold
including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
* This position may be required to climb ladders This is not a
complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the
things you may be doing, and you may receive other duties based on
business need. WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? * High School Diploma or
* 2 years of experience in mechanical industrial maintenance where
you installed, repaired, or maintained powered or non-powered
conveyors is required. Additional experience is highly desired.
* Electrical experience highly desired.
* Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
with peers, leaders, and outside vendors and contractors.
* Ability to work at heights above ground level. Including but not
limited to operation of all lift equipment, scissor lifts,
multimeter, and other diagnostic tools.
* Knowledge of building, fire, electric and safety codes and
intermediate knowledge of power distribution systems and relay
logic and motor controls.
* Experience with void fill and carton erector equipment
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and two-line
* Willingness to assist in the training and development of other
* At times will be required to work overtime, weekends, and
holidays. ABOUT TOMORROW We value your professional and personal
growth. That's why we share plenty of career opportunities for you
to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your
career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a
new family to grow in (an almost limitless number of options) or
find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding
career. CEVA Logistics is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category
under applicable law. Our Organization is an equal opportunity
employer. It is company policy that there shall be no
discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of
race, color, creed, ancestry, ethnic origin, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, family status, disability and/or age
(as prescribed by law). Please note: Legitimate CEVA Logistics
recruitment processes include communication with candidates through
recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn or via an
official company email address: firstname.lastname@. We recommend
that you do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or
offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar.
Keywords: Ceva Logistics U.S., Inc., Ontario , Maintenance Conveyor Technician I, Professions , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!