Posted on: July 25, 2022
Job Description DetailsThe OpportunityYou will be responsible
for supervising a portion of the staff for mechanical, electrical,
plumbing services and general building conditions. Additional
duties include customer facilities requests, special projects, and
special event support. Supervises a portion of the maintenance
mechanics covering three shifts (24hrs/day, 7 days/week).Who We
AreCorporate Real Estate & Workplace Services (CREWS) is
responsible for a variety of work streams and projects that allow
our campuses to have a comfortable and safe workplace. The services
the department provides range from building maintenance and repair,
AV Setup/Installation, guest registration, badges/parking permits,
space planning/moves, drawing requests and design, large scale
projects, and caf--/catering services.Your Impact
- Plans, schedules, and directs staff under the direction of the
maintenance manager and external contractors in the mechanical
maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Assists development of, and maintains an operating budget to
ensure that such maintenance is carried out on a cost-effective
basis. To ensure that such facilities remain operational, oversees
the regular maintenance of heating, ventilating, air conditioning,
and other facilities.
- Maintains and assists in the development of new department and
company standards Develops and implements short and long term goals
for the department in coordination with corporate management.
- Manage an expense budget for repairs, maintenance, overtime,
and inventory for building mechanical, electrical and plumbing
equipment, and automation equipment.
- Manage staff efficiency, utilizing computer software,
developing department guidelines and procedures. Continually
updating and improving efficiency and response time to minimize
- Manage equipment, building, and related services, and
forecasting any possible problems or defects that may occur (to the
most minute detail) to ensure an uninterrupted 24 hour/ 7days a
week television broadcast. This includes on-call availability
- Manage contracts and their performance, efficiency, and value,
to most effectively ensure an acceptable level completeness. Manage
projects (capital and expense), facility requests, PM's, and
- Responding to critical company needs and/or requests.
- Supervises a portion of the maintenance staff. Assists with
interviews, hires, evaluates, counsels, and terminates
- Provides training and develops the skills of the staff.
Provides motivation, coaching, support, and guidance to personnel
by reviewing performance and providing timely feedback.
- Provides a safe environment for employees to work in. Provide
CMMS reports summarizing scope of activities and detailed
- Acts as direct back-up to the maintenance manager when
absent.What You Bring
- Education: Trade school degree and a master level skill in a
relevant trade with any applicable licensing.
- Experience: 8 to 10 years' experience in a mechanical
- 3+ years previous supervisory/management experience in a
related trade environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills as well as
excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact with company personnel at all levels.
- Excellent time/project management and organizational skills
with specific attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of various computer programs/packages.
- Ability to supervise/manage staff.
Keywords: QVC, Ontario , Maintenance Supervisor-Ontario, Professions , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!