Director, Supply Chain Planning (MPS & DRP)
Company: Ajinomoto Foods North America
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Responsible for managing the master production planning, and
distribution resource planning functions, and support the S&OP
(Sales and Operations Planning) process, corporate goals and
profitability, and supply chain objectives. In addition, will lead
two major project implementations (DRP & MPS Constraint Planning
Automation in 2022.
Responsible for developing the master production plans for AFNA
manufacturing plants and co-packers, the deployment plans, and
inventory planning to meet the requirements defined by the demand
plans and balance supply and demand.
Drive the master plans by considering all capacity, cost, and
contractual requirements and update in JDE and planning application
systems as the conditions change. - Work with the Demand Planning
team, the SBUs (Sales Business Units) Customer Service, Logistics,
Enterprise Data Management team, Manufacturing Plants, IT and
Procurement. Meet new product launches within required
In addition to managing the planning process for a defined set of
Ajinomoto Foods production facilities and co-packer locations, the
position is also responsible finished goods inventory
Key Performance Metrics such as: Customer Service, Fill Rates, Days
of inventory, Weeks of Supply,
Rough Cut Capacity and building a high performing team.
- Strategize, develop and maintain rough cut capacity and master
production plans that meet defined demand plans and SBU
- Develop deployment plans and maintain finished goods inventory
plans that meet defined demand plans and master plans.
- Develop, communicate, and select the best master plans that
consider the trade-offs among inventory (materials and finished
goods), selected costs (changeover, ordering, other), productive
capacity, storage, and service.
- Support the S&OP process with analysis, input, options,
presentations and recommendations.
- Measure and report key supply chain metrics that relate to
planning inclusive of production, inventory, service, schedule
adherence, and schedule attainment performance.
- Manage day-to-day operations issues that arise in a fashion
consistent with master plans (inclusive of inventory and service
objectives) with the assistance of the Master Planners, the Master
Data Management team, Plant Managers, and Plant
- Develop stocking policies through inventory analysis and
manufacturing/distribution analysis as appropriate or directed by
- Develop and prepare recommendations, strategies, and
presentations to support the business and meet SBU requirements.
- Ad hoc presentations as required to management team or cross
- Support product portfolio remedial action efforts, which are
led by the SBUs.
- Support and meet all new product launches within the required
- Manage and support recall process as directed by the
- Develop direct reports and build high performing team.
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Supply Chain,
Logistics, or related field.
- A Master's degree is highly valued.
- Broad-based knowledge of master planning, capacity planning,
distribution resource planning, materials resource planning,
logistics, trade-off analysis, and plant detailed scheduling as
reflected in a minimum of 12 years of experience.
- A reasonable understanding of demand planning processes and the
associated systems applications and metrics.
- Ability to lead and work in cross-functional and multi-location
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint,
Visio, Word) and ERP systems
- Ability to lead a planning team through the application of
policies, processes, and systems.
- Organized, detail-oriented, process centric, and forward
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with management
and staff in other functional areas.
- Strong presentation, analytical and communication
Keywords: Ajinomoto Foods North America, Ontario , Director, Supply Chain Planning (MPS & DRP), Professions , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!