Corporate Financial Analyst - Revenue & Reporting
Company: Prime Healthcare
Posted on: March 15, 2020
JOB SUMMARY:Under the Corporate Finance Manager Revenue &
Reporting, this position will be a key team member with the
following responsibilities: Working with Revenue Cycle, Business
Office, and Decision Support in analyzing and monitoring the
valuation of patient accounts receivables and credit balances for
all hospitals and physician groups. Development, enhancement, and
continuous standardization of the AR valuation models and process,
assuring proper controls are in place to accurately estimate AR.
Develop training materials on AR estimates for local CFOs and
Controllers. Estimate net patient revenue on a monthly basis across
all hospitals, in conjunction with estimating AR. Reviewing bank
reconciliations to identify any significant issues related to
unposted patient cash receipts. Assist local CFOs with monitoring
aged accounts with no activity > 60 days. Coordination with
hospital Controllers, CFOs, and Business Offices with the annual
financial audit of the Revenue Cycle process. Prepare collection
agency decision models and monitoring collection agency performance
through various benchmarks. Analyzing KPIs to identify trends and
opportunities for improvement in internal collection efforts.
Perform walkthroughs and gap analyses within the revenue cycle
process, and assist with the preparation of executive presentations
to summarize results of findings. Assist with the preparation of
the consolidated financial statements and related footnote
disclosures. Technical accounting research and memo preparation
related to goodwill impairment, business combinations, variable
interest entities, etc. Identify process improvements to enhance
financial reporting. Prepare and provide quantitative and
analytical support to the Corporate Finance team. Other related
duties and ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Prepare, review, interpret and analyze financial and
statistical data for Management Team at Corporate level and
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes internal and external reports,
including financial statements, KPIs and operational reportsSupport
the development of detailed facility level financial projections,
quarterly forecasts and long-range plans.
- Assist with monthly close process by reviewing hospital month
end journal entry reports and perform month end fluctuation
- Assist corporate entities and hospitals in financial audits
and/or other audits by statutory/regulatory agencies
- Ensure consistency in the accounting/finance policies and
procedures, methodology used to calculate significant accounting
estimates, and proper GAAP reporting across all financial
- Assist in evaluation and due diligence on merger and
acquisition and provide guidance in accounting/finance functions on
newly acquired entities. This may require traveling to the
facilities to provide on-site assistance.
- Visit facilities to perform internal review of month end close
process, operation controls, accounting treatment, and assist
facility finance department accounting issues.
- Supervise part time members of the team.
- Complete all other ad hoc financial and statistical analysis on
an as-needed basis.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Business
Administration with emphasis on Accounting.
- 1+ years of revenue cycle analytical experience with hospital
- Excellent communication skills and an attitude to challenge the
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prepare financial
statements and models.
- Advanced proficiency in Windows Office software and ERP systems
(i.e. Lawson, Meditech)
- Public accounting (audit) experience, 10Q/K reporting
experience, and strong knowledge of GAAP Highly Preferred
- Superb Excel skills (v-lookups, sumif, sumproduct, indirect,
- Certified Public Accountant PreferredWe are an Equal
Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected
characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the
application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the
Public AccountingFinancial Analyst Big Four Name: Prime Healthcare
Management Inc (PHMI) ID: 2019-32410 Street: 3300 East Guasti Road
Post End Date: 3/20/2020 Shift: Days
Keywords: Prime Healthcare, Ontario , Corporate Financial Analyst - Revenue & Reporting, Professions , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!