Job Captain - Healthcare
Company: Stantec Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Captain - Healthcare - ( 22000493 )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem
like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if
that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where
we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that
our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and
responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental
groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building
solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity,
and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your role is to work with some general guidance and direction from
a Project Manager or Project Architect. You will support all
aspects of the project process from validation/pre-design
Construction Documentation through construction administration and
close-out within Acute and Non-Acute Healthcare projects.
Coordination with project team, consultants, contractors, and
Owners can be a part of your weekly activities to manage projects.
Along with your Project Manager or Project Architect, you may
support multiple projects at any time, within various phases of
design and construction.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for projects of high complexity/size.
- Inspires creativity, critical thought, and design excellence
both internally and externally.
- Conceptualizes a building design from both a functional and
aesthetic perspective in concert with a client's requirements,
budget, and program.
- Develops a design through sketches, physical models, electronic
models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats to
express the design intent and communicate to project team, client,
and building user groups.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional
models of buildings and their components.
- Presents the design or technical information with the Project
Manager to stakeholders during early project phases. Develops
building design in accordance with cost parameters.
- Evaluates and selects building systems and materials.
- Coordinates building systems to ensure compatibility with the
- Implements sustainable design principles into the design and
- Analyzes site incorporating geotechnical, hydrological,
environmental, social, economic, and contextual conditions.
- Ensures that design intent is maintained through documentation
- Responsible for leading others in project team setting and
- Work with a Construction Manager/General Contractor
- Work in a Joint Venture environment
- Familiarity with the MOH submissions is required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Engage in creative and critical thought.
- Produce technical designs at a level that would be perceived
externally as excellent.
- Sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others
- Participate in project team setting.
- Lead one or more teams on medium size projects through the
development of design concept.
- Check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage
team to meet project budget and schedule.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other
- Present abstract and technical ideas to the client and client
- Apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and
life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and
- General knowledge of building construction systems,
constructability, materials, and industry associated
- General understanding of the relationship between drawings and
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit,
AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Newforma, Bluebeam.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field & working
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, preferably on teams with
healthcare or institutional clients.
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining
sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure
to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and
other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or
may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the
world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organization : BC-1400 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 15, 2022, 1:44:50 PM
Req ID: 22000493
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
employees and applicants for future and current employment and
prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in
decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion,
compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any
other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local,
state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable
opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including
Keywords: Stantec Inc., Ontario , Job Captain - Healthcare, Other , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!