Metallurgist - Extractive Metallurgy
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are SGS the worlds leading testing, inspection, and
certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network
of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a
better, safer, and more interconnected world. In Canada, SGS
employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
This position is responsible for the technical competence in
conducting metallurgical test procedures involving physical and/or
chemical metallurgical separations. Projects will vary from simple
to complex integrated processes.
The incumbent is accountable for setting and controlling project
budgets and issuing project billing invoices. The incumbent has
responsibility for health & safety, environment, productivity, and
quality priorities, ensuring that all of these issues are addressed
- Responsible for the management of small and medium sized
projects of variable scope and complexity.
- Establishes scheduling work flows through the department so
that client deadlines are met in a timely fashion; monitor
throughout and performance.
- Participates in large scale pilot plants and interprets results
under the supervision of a Senior Metallurgist and/or Project
- Responsible for projects, operations and pilot plant/laboratory
campaigns of variable scope and complexity.
- Works to solve client problems to ensure quality and customer
satisfaction standards are met.
- Solves day to day production and process problems within the
- Compile and analyzes metallurgical data.
- Prepares and composes substantial portions and/or complete
reports that are ultimately provided to clients.
- Scheduling of metallurgical testwork.
- Manages financial aspects of projects and issue monthly project
- Represents the company before clients and engages in business
- Provides advice to other Technicians, Technologists and Junior
- May have part-time supervisory responsibilities for technical
- Possible travel to other SGS metallurgical laboratory locations
in Canada or overseas or to plant locations on either short-term
assignments or longer-term assignments as part of a strategic
- This position works under general supervision.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as
- Bachelor University degree in Chemical Engineering, Mineral
Processing, Hydrometallurgy, Mining Engineering, Materials
Engineering or in a related science discipline or equivalent.
- 3 - 8 years of previous working experience in a minerals
related field or an equivalent combination of education and
- Previous experience in mineral processing, hydrometallurgy or
gold metallurgy, including flowsheet development, bench scale
testwork and pilot plant programs
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience in the supervising of
small technical teams, ideally including the supervising of people
in a minerals related laboratory.
- Experience with financial/budget responsibilities
- Demonstrates above average verbal and written communication
skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to compose clear and concise technical reports.
- Familiar with key unit operations and equipment. Candidates
must be proficient in using various type of computer software
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a
fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or plant sites may be required
from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the companys Health & Safety, Code
of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to
achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for
people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations
are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage
of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings
should be authorized to work in Canada.by Jobble
Keywords: Sgs, Ontario , Metallurgist - Extractive Metallurgy, Other , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!