RN II - Step Down Unit *Up to $20,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Advance your career working at a Magnet recognized hospital
known for clinical quality and patient safety. Providence St.
Joseph Health offers a comprehensive range of benefits including
but not limited to professional advancement, extensive health and
program wellness offerings as well as competitive compensation,
PTO, and retirement plans. We look forward to hearing from you! We
are looking for a Registered Nurse II for the Step Down Unit at St.
Jude Medical Center Sign-On Bonus $20,000. Location: Fullerton, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 72 Biweekly Hours Shift: 12-hour, Nights
Job Summary: The RN independently uses the nursing process to
safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of
patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of
care. The Intermediate care/ Step Down unit is organized, operated
and maintained to provide the monitoring and care of patients with
moderate or potentially severe physiologic instability requiring
specialized equipment and or personnel necessary for invasive
monitoring. Essential Functions:
- Facilitates patient care through effective communication.
- Develops and maintains therapeutic and effective relationships
with patient/family and the health care team.
- Delegates care appropriately.
- Participates in Shared Governance/Participative
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related
to staffing and scheduling.
- Intermediate Care/ Step Down Unit (4N-CCU/SDU,
- Responsible for the patients in Step down Unit (SDU) requiring
step-down level of care. This may include but not limited to
respiratory failure, congestive heart failure, drug overdose,
sepsis, DKA, GI bleed, Pneumonia, cardiothoracic surgeries, AMI,
CVA, vascular surgeries and neurosurgeries.
- Demonstrates knowledge/ability to use/interpret results of
equipment in the area i.e. EKG strips.
- Appropriately manages the patient with temporary pacemaker.
Recognized normal and abnormal functioning, and accurately adjusts
the rate, milli-amperage or polarity of a temporary pace maker in
accordance with the physicians specific orders.
- Demonstrates creativity, sensitivity and critical thinking
ability in the coordination and provision of patient care,
evaluation of care delivery and revision of organizational systems
to improve patient outcomes.
- Supports and fosters strong nursing morale. Maintains a
positive professional image of nursing and encourages and
recognizes staff for their contributions.
- Acts as a collaborative resource person whose clinical
expertise is actively sought. Encourages and supports the clinical
bedside RN in improving their assessment and critical thinking
skills. Maintains open lines of communication to address concerns
- Promotes a team approach by including the unit RN staff in
patient care, communication and disposition. Assures that the
coordinator on the unit is involved and is notified of any Rapid
- Provides teaching as opportunity permits and the need is
identified. Minimum Position Qualifications: Education:
- Bachelor's Degree of Nursing, graduate from nursing school
(Hired on/after 1/1/11), or
- Hired prior to 1/1/11 (and rehired after 1/1/11): Graduate from
nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelors
Degree in Nursing; or
- Hired as a result of a unit transfer from Heritage: Graduate
from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelors
Degree in Nursing; or
- Hired as a ministry transfer: Currently enrolled in a BSN
program with an expected graduation date within 6 months of hire.
Experience: One (1) year acute care experience. Licenses and
- Current CA Registered Nurse License.
- American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Preferred Position
Qualifications: Licenses and Certifications:
- Professional Nursing Organization Membership
- CCRN Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will
receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
system. St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit,
384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern
California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals.
With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude
offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether
for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine
mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care
and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services
and programs. St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as on
call/per diem refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as as needed basis to fill in for staff vacancies. Company: St.
Jude Medical Center Category: Critical Care Nursing Req ID: R347423
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Ontario , RN II - Step Down Unit *Up to $20,000 Hiring Bonus*, Other , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!