Company: Prime Healthcare
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Responsible for direction and coordination of the Cancer
Registry to include, but not limited to the following as required
by the American College of Surgeons - Commission on Cancer and the
State Cancer Registry reporting standards: Identifies (case
finding), abstracts and enters data in the computer system all
oncology patient medical records identified by pathology and
medical record disease indices, follow-up, Cancer Committee
meetings, Tumor Board Conferences, policies/procedures, quality
improvement activities, study requests, and quality control. Work
with oncology team members and other hospital departments to ensure
that all cancer program standards are in place and
Education and Work ExperienceRequired qualifications:
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) Certification required.
- Associates degree or equivalent in Healthcare
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare preferred.
- Anatomy and Physiology background and Medical Terminology
- ICD9/ICD10 Coding background preferred.
- One year of experience within the last three years in a
comparable job classification required.
- Knowledge of American College of Surgeons - Commission on
Cancer, Cancer Program Accreditation Standards and State Cancer
Registry reporting requirements desired.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent telephone, communication and writing skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not
discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability,
race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other
protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for
the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the
Keywords: Prime Healthcare, Ontario , Cancer Registrar, Other , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!