Join The Gund Company, where you will find friends who will
support you and challenge you to crush goals that provide amazing
growth opportunities. We are in the business of electrical
insulation manufacturing, but we really pride ourselves in just
being a group of fun, driven, problem solvers who LOVE what we
At this 3rd generation, family-owned business, youll be part of
a team, that is not only talented, but also possess the qualities
that we value, including: a team player mentality, strong work
ethic, and impeccable character. We need a self-starter with a
positive attitude and competitive spirit.
The Gund Company: Take Care of Each Other, Take Care of the
Customer and Take Care of the Business
What you'll do
Prepare product for shipment to the customer by inspecting,
labeling and packaging product according to standard
- Move finished parts from shop to shipping, verifying that the
supervisor has signed off on the order
- Review work order and shipment details for all shipments
scheduled to ship and prepare for any special requirements,
including HAZCOM/International shipment requirements
- Match work order/packing slip documentation to order
documentation to verify all critical shipment data
- Verify that all work orders are correctly signed off for
- Confirm correct quantity/counts against work order or packing
- Wipe or mark parts as needed
- Make boxes, crates or skids, may be required to operate a table
saw or other hand tools
- Ensure product is packed in a timely manner and protected from
damage following customer specifications or internal guidelines for
shipment or placement in stock
- Ensure packaged product is properly marked and labeled with all
- Complete work order or packing slip paperwork
- Operate forklift (As needed and if certified through TGC)
- Load and unload trucks as necessary
- Participate in cross training to become knowledgeable of
equipment/process within the department
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
Provide guidance, feedback and positive behavior modeling The
Gund Company culture of care:
- Determine if tools are undamaged and in safe condition for
- Make suggestions to improve production and order processing
- Assist with training other team members
- Follow safety rules and quality standards
- Model ethical and moral behavior consistent with the values and
ideals supported by The Gund Company
Qualifications and Competencies
- Perform work independently with minimal defects
- Communicate with supervisor on work order priority
- Open to change due to emergency orders or fabrication of
- Very good math skills
- Ability to understand drawing and blue prints
- Ability to use basic measuring instruments
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Education and Experience
- A High School Diploma or GED with prior hands on, vocational or
job-related course work/training, or any similar combination of
education and experience is required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing industry is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is may be required to sit and reach with hands and
- Regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability
to adjust focus.
- The work environment is typical of most shop environments; not
climate controlled and subject to outdoor weather conditions.
- Team members are exposed to sounds and noise levels that are
- Frequent exposure to fumes/dust particles; may require use of
respirators or other types of PPE.
- May come in contact with toxic or caustic chemicals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
- Complete online job application in order to be considered*
Why Join TGC?
Our employees have a vested interest in our Companys success.
The Gund Company is 30% employee owned through our ESOP (Employee
Stock Ownership Plan). Shares are awarded each year based on a
calculation that takes into consideration our Companys financial
profitability, employee tenure, and their earnings. There is no out
of pocket investment required!
In addition, our employees enjoy:
- A safe and healthy work environment
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive, cost-effective employee benefits: Health,
Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings program with a discretionary employer
- Regular employee feedback through our IDP (Individual
According to the Gallup Q12 employee survey method, The Gund
Company is ranked world class regarding employee engagement. Please
review our current career opportunities and consider applying
today! We are always accepting applications for new talent to join