Company: Aaren Scientific
Posted on: May 3, 2021
AAREN Scientific is a medical device manufacturer located in
Ontario, CA that produces a full line of high quality intraocular
lenses (IOL's). We are a growing medical device manufacturing
company looking for experienced, highly motivated individuals to
support the growth initiatives and demands.
Aaren Scientific, Inc., is looking for a Chemist. This
individual will prepare, organize and execute a series of chemistry
driven activities through various stages of processes in order to
guarantee fluid production and proper processing of Heparin
Manufacturing, Analytical Testing. Assists in the performance of
MDR related testing for new and existing product qualifications in
accordance with requirements.
Some of the duties include the following:
- Manufacturing of In-house Heparin product - Dissolution &
oxidation of Heparin Sodium, Filtration of Oxidized Heparin,
Lyophilization of P-Heparin.
- Operates laboratory equipment including HPLC, GC, UV/VIS
spectrometry, FTIR, microplate assay reader, refractometer,
viscometer, pH meter, etc.
- Organize and Maintain trace-ability for multiple jobs and
- Performs process optimization: Evaluates and improves existing
process documents, analytical test methods, etc. When necessary;
prepares validation protocols and reports; updates SOPs and forms
when necessary. (maintaining state of the art conditions - as
- Perform routine diagnostic testing of process equipment for
- Prepares regulatory level (trending, vigilance, etc.) reviews
- Maintains a position of compliance to established processes and
- Maintains complete legible and accurate records (records of
testing and manufacturing)
- Maintain inventories of various process related supplies and
orders chemicals when necessary.
- Perform testing of raw materials and finished products;
interpret and evaluate test results; perform calculations as
needed; assure compliance with applicable laws and
- Provide general laboratory support; maintain the
R&D/Engineering laboratory as a safe cGMP environment.
- Assist in maintaining compliance in accordance with ISO, and
applicable Federal/State Standards
- Participate in MRB, NDC and CAPA investigations/activities as
- Performs duties in compliance with ISO 13485, EN46001 and GMP
- Other duties may be assigned
The successful Chemist must be able to perform each essential
duty with a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Experience with analytical techniques and instruments.
- The eligible Heparin Chemist will have previous experience
working in an ISO certified controlled environment.
- Must be able to perform basic algebra and basic statistical
analysis of data sets including standard deviation and related
calculations. Ability to perform basic calculations related to
quantities and chemical concentrations and analytical test result
- Will be a self-starter and be able to complete various tests
with little to no routine supervision.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as in a group
- Minimum of two-year college experience with laboratory training
in a Science degree (Organic Chemistry - preferred).
- Required minimal courses: General and Organic Chemistry.
Our company offers a great benefit package that includes
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with a match.
Moreover, we offer our employees the opportunity to work in a
challenging new technology and to be a part of a strong and
talented team who enable healthcare professionals worldwide to
improve the lives of their patients in ophthalmology.
Keywords: Aaren Scientific, Ontario , Chemist, Other , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!