Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid
packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar
company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don't know what makes the rigid packaging industry special?
Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging
every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box
store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass,
plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches
virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care,
industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and
beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+
employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative -
entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an "Anything is
Possible!" mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x
the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin's
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has
grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people
like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a
lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Sourcing Specialist who will be
responsible for matching customer needs to supplier capabilities in
a way which maximizes both Berlin margin and supplier thrill.
Project Management & Sourcing
- For custom and stock projects, effectively gather project
requirements from Sales, assess which suppliers could best meet the
business' needs, obtain pricing from qualified sources of supply,
and recommend the optimal option.
- Support the development of supplier and category sourcing
- Focus on creating supplier relationships which offer a mutually
Cost Reduction & Margin Enhancement
- Proactively identify, recommend, and execute opportunities to
drive cost savings and enhance margin.
- Evaluate supplier quotations and develop negotiation strategies
focused on improving Berlin Packaging's competitive position in the
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and other contractual issues with
- Leverage volume to provide cost-effective solutions while
optimizing inventory levels.
- Facilitate the escalation process in order to meet customer
- Effectively manage supplier performance by developing and
implementing appropriate long-term corrective actions.
- Actively develop and communicate supplier strategies to the
Supplier Development & Revenue Growth
- Routinely meet with current suppliers to bring new and improved
product solutions forward.
- Routinely meet with potential new suppliers to ensure awareness
of marketplace opportunities as key aspect of category
- Support with developing new suppliers as improved performance
and/or alternative solutions are identified or required.
- Partner with Sales to understand new product needs and
establish the necessary relationships and programs to leverage
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in procurement and supply chain within a
distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- P.M. certified a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of Rigid Packaging Products is preferred.
- Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the
ability to conduct results-based negotiations.
- Ability to proactively address issues and deploy effective
problem-solving techniques that address root cause issues.
- Strong decision-maker with the ability to consider all
alternatives and options and quickly implement appropriates
- Provide leadership consistent with Berlin's culture and
- Ability to develop strong working relationships throughout
Berlin and its supply base.
- com experience preferred.
- Sales and Distribution Center Office
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package
including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical
insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental,
vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health
club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings
plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance
(new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and,
last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation,
medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and
related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression
(including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status,
military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability,
protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local
law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.