2nd Shift - Chemical Lab Technician
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or
remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information
about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will
provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide support for the Chemist in all the analyses of incoming
raw materials, in-process samples and finished goods. Ensure all
materials meet specifications before using and or before shipping
to the customers. You will also provide help in performing various
validations required by the company to ensure continuance of the
plant's FDA/ISO 9002 certification. This role is 2nd shift, and the
hours are 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM PST, Monday through Friday.
You are responsible for
- Maintain, clean, and calibrate laboratory instruments or
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating
in safety programs, committees, or teams and by conducting
laboratory or plant safety audits.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and
- Conduct chemical or physical laboratory tests on all incoming
chemicals, gels and drug products.
- Pull water samples daily for Microbial and TOC testing
- Order and inventory materials to maintain supplies.
- Train new employees on topics such as the proper operation of
- Prepare chemical solutions for products or processes following
- Provide technical support or assistance to Lab Manager/chemists
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Develop or conduct programs of sampling and analysis to
maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical
intermediates, or products.
- Write technical reports or prepare graphs or charts to document
- Monitor all laboratory equipment to ensure within calibration
as well as reagents shelf life.
- Follow plant GMP procedures.
- Able to move lift / move up to 50 lbs.
You are a part of
The QC/QA team plays an integral role in assisting the Chemist
for the timely & accurate hands-on testing on all materials coming
in and out of the plant.
At Philips, we strive to make the world healthier and more
sustainable through innovation, and our goal is to improve the
lives of 3 billion people a year by 2030. This position offers the
opportunity to impact worldwide regulatory compliance and directly
improve the customer and patient experience.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills
- High school diploma or greater. Higher education in Chemistry
- 1+ years experience as a chemical technician in a regulated
- Professional experience utilizing laboratory equipment and
methodologies such as Web Chemistry, TOC Analyzer, pH Meter,
Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, etc.
- Attention to detail- when working in the lab, must be extremely
accurate and diligent in measurement and calculations.
- Flexibility and adaptability. Must be willing and able to adapt
and perform different task in any given situation, within reason,
in the laboratory environment.
- Able to exercise sound judgment within Philips using standard
operating procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
to achieve objectives. Must be able to communicate in English
- Requires the proven ability to consistently meet and/or exceed
goals. Must be capable of making commitments, setting priorities,
and delivering results on time and on budget. Effective team
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The
company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative
business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further
develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a
competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create
a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3
billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the
health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected
moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful
ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a
personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career
website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once
there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find
answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived
disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military
status or a person's relationship or association with a protected
veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or
domestic partner status, or any other category protected by
federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a
diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for
individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I
of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that
require accommodation in the job application process may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password
button on the Sign In screen to reset it.