Field Service Supervisor (101641)
Company: Metso Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Location: Lachine, Quebec or Sudbury, Ontario
Metso Outotec offers a broad range of products and services to
the mining and heavy industry in Canada. The Field Service
Supervisor position requires strong experience as a millwright with
a background in mechanical and maintenance work as well as
knowledge in mining equipment. This position requires the
coordination/planning and execution/supervision of activities
related to the repair, maintenance and installation of mining
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prior to arrival at a field assignment, study, plan, and
prepare for field work based on the detailed scope of work,
drawings, company procedures, specific instructions, manpower,
- Work in liaison with the various technical support staff within
Metso Minerals' organization.
- Act has a facilitator for the selection of the contractors and
the purchase of the required parts.
- Participate in contract review meeting.
- Actively communicate with selected contractors to make sure
teams are properly prepared and ready to execute task safely and
- Under the technical guidance of MO service representative,
supervises/directs on site crews performing various tasks. Selected
individual may also need to execute the work (Mechanical,
maintenance and wear component replacement)
- Coordinate field activity with the customer and/or the
- Must be able to read and understand basic prints/drawings to
ensure accuracy of work performed
- Works directly with the Safety Officer(s) and Crew Members to
conduct work safely
- Works directly with Field Service Manager, Field Service
Representatives and Customer to conduct the work in the time
allotted for each project and within budget.
- Notify customer and Field Service Manager of potential
increases in scope/price of projects as they are being
- Responsible for checking and turning in daily timesheets to the
Field Service Support personnel and client as required, managing
daily safety documentation such as "Tool Box Safety Meetings",
turning in expenses weekly and/or at the end of each project as
well as obtaining customer sign off on acceptance of work
performed, gather and turn in all job closing documentation
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and assist with corrective
action and repairs.
- Recommend operating and maintenance procedures to insure proper
function of equipment.
- When appropriate, make recommendations to improve field methods
- Work in close collaboration with Metso Project Managers
responsible for their specific project.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and/or other special
projects as required. Perform close out meeting with customer.
- Prepare and perform post-mortem meeting.
- Review and submit service report as required
- Reports directly to Field Service Manager
- Interfaces with Metso Sales and Operations Team
- Interfaces with Manager of Administration/Accounting/Field
Service Support for reporting expenses required for job closing and
payroll time sheets
Internal and External Interfaces
- Customer maintenance and operations team
- Safety Managers
- Metso Office and administration
- Metso Project Planning and Coordination
- Labor Crew, Metso and subcontract
- Metso Field Service Engineers
- Autonomous, work with minimum supervision
Qualifications and Experience
- 10 years of experience as a Millwright/Mechanic in Field
Service equipment repairs, ideally on grinding mills, crushers, as
well as other process machinery
- 5 years of experience as a Supervisor or Project Manager
- Millwright certification or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in
- Fluency preferred in French, oral and written.
- Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office
Skills and Abilities
- Professionalism and positive attitude is a must.
- Conduct customer interaction with a high level of
professionalism and courtesy.
- Willingness to travel to job sites including for extended
periods, up to 70% of the time as may be required to meet
- Must have a talent for working with other people effectively;
fellow employees, customers, contractors.
- Capability of making quick, accurate decisions relative to
- Must be well organized and able to maintain accurate records
and communicate reliable information through detailed technical
- Ability to travel frequently with extended durations (1 week to
- Capable of carrying out duties under pressure with the
potential for 16-hour workdays.
- Willingness to respond to field service emergency calls on a
- Ability to lead, plan, and organize field service
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal
- Motivated, customer oriented.
- Mechanical knowledge and abilities is mandatory.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings in the
English and Metric System to ensure accuracy of work performed
- Capability to understand the various product applications
marketed by Metso Outotec.
- Adequate computer skills, capable of working with Microsoft
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to:
- Have all normal physical capabilities including walking,
sitting, proper vision, hearing, speaking, and sense of smell.
- Use extremities to safely and efficiently operate manual tools,
- Work safely on stairs, ladders and scaffolding, occasionally at
- Work in a variety of environments, which may include exposure
to extreme heat, humidity.
- Work safely with proper protection in the presence of fumes or
- Work safely with proper protection in the presence of toxic or
- Work safely with proper protection near elevated noise and/or
all kinds of outdoor weather conditions.
- Occasionally lift articles weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Possess the stamina to work long hours during emergency
breakdowns and peak periods.
- Ability to hear audible warning horns.
- Friendly, respectful environment that values high ambition,
putting our customer in the center of all we do, getting it done
together and open and honest communication.
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development
and enhancement of Metso Outotec's industry leading solutions.
- Regular opportunities to work in a global community.
- Pride in contributing to an industry leader providing end-to
end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing,
and metals refining industries globally.
- This position is eligible for an annual bonus which is a
percentage of eligible wages and is primarily dependent on Company
As a multi-national company Metso Outotec values and thrives on
diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment
decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
business need. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a
disability, please let us know.
Keywords: Metso Corporation, Ontario , Field Service Supervisor (101641), Other , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!