Construction Project Engineer
Company: ALLIANCE AVIATION SERVICES LIMITED
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Project Engineer (Construction)
Location CA - Ontario
Job Code 680
# of openings 1
Hillwood Construction Services
Hillwood Construction Services provides general contracting and
construction management services in the United States. The company
began in December 2000 as an industrial general contractor focusing
on industrial warehouse and distribution facilities. Over the
years, Hillwood Construction Services has diversified and expanded
into many project types, from corporate headquarters to hangars,
churches, Class-A office developments, hotels and tenant
The Project Engineer will be responsible for assisting the
Project Manager/ Superintendent in the tasks that are required to
successfully complete assigned projects. This position will a
successful candidate to grow into a Project Manager position in 1
to 4 years.
- Assist Project Manager with project responsibilities, including
overseeing schedules and budgets.
- Owner/ Consultant coordination and communication, including
preparing timely status reports and hot lists. Works closely with
Hillwood Investment Properties and Hillwood Properties to assure
that Hillwood Construction Services is meeting goals and
requirements as set forth by Hillwood Development and their
- Responsible along with the PM and Superintendent and subs for
coordinating, creating, updating and distributing project
- Maintains and coordinates review for approval and distribution
of project documents including project logs, submittals, shop
drawings, transmittals, and current drawings.
- Assist with Procurement including awareness of long lead times,
material and owner supplied equipment.
- Assist Project Manager in Government/ Municipality coordination
and submittal of permits with agencies having governing authority
on the project.
- Organization of pre-construction, sub, OAC and city meetings
and maintain meeting minutes
- Assist with project buy-out and. Or assist with
pre-construction/ estimating with buy-out.
- Assist pre-construction/ estimating with VE, Constructability,
- Involved in Project Closeout encompassing punch list
management, creation of O&M packages, and start-up.
- Maintain project quality control.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities along with an open and
willing attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Outstanding communication skills verbal and written.
Establishes collaborative relationships with internal as well as
- Excellent technical skills. Proficient in reading,
understanding, and applying blueprints and job specifications.
Understands how to be a builder.
- Excellent computer and technology skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Building Construction Science,
Construction Management, Construction Technology, or related
- Preferably 1-5 years of experience, ideally gained within a
commercial general contractor in an estimator, project engineer, or
other relative position. But will consider recent graduate.
- Prolonged periods sitting/standing at construction sites.
Hillwood is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in
Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status,
veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: ALLIANCE AVIATION SERVICES LIMITED, Ontario , Construction Project Engineer, Other , ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!