Lead Cook, Ontario Airport
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Delaware North Travel amd Hospitality is searching for an
experienced Cook to join our team at Ontario Airport in
Ontario, California. As a Cook III at Delaware North you will be a
visible leader in the kitchen, partnering with the management team
to deliver food to quality standards, train kitchen team members,
and monitor the quantities, labor, and overhead costs. This is a
great opportunity to take your culinary skills to the next
Position starting at $19.00 + $300 Sign-on
Full Time Employee Total Rewards Package:
Delaware North believes in a total rewards package that helps us
recruit and retain the best associates in the industry. We have a
comprehensive benefits program designed to give our associates the
comfort, safety and stability they need to serve our guests each
and every day. Below is a listing of many of our benefits:
1. 401(k) plan with company contribution
5. Life insurance
6. Short-term disability
7. Long-term disability
8. Shift Differential
9. Paid Meals
10. Paid time off including personal Holidays,
Holidays, sick days and vacation
11. Paid Parking
- Assists in training and coaching of other team members.
- Reviews menus and customer orders to determine type and
quantities of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions
all food items.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies and procedures.
- May plan menus and estimate required food quantities, labor,
and overhead costs. May lead the work of kitchen assistants in
preparing, cooking, and storing food, as well as in maintaining
kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages
all products to proper
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- At least 2 years previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.
Who We Are
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Ontario , Lead Cook, Ontario Airport, Other , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!