Manager, Database Administration (SQL Server) PointClickCare is
the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care
market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and
technology, we build innovative healthcare technology for seniors
and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and
well-being on a daily basis. Recently named one of Deloitte’s
fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed
companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great
culture for our employees. We believe work is much more meaningful
when you're doing it with a higher purpose. For more information on
PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor
and LinkedIn .
· Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the
operating unit in accordance with the organization's policies and
· Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new
employee onboarding and providing career development planning and
· Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and
goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and
· Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among the team and cross
· Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with
the organization’s values, mission, and vision as a world class
leader is software development and delivery.
· Leading your team using a performance management tooling such
as agile work methodologies, V2MOM, OKR’s, KPI’s, Skill Matrix
· Leading your team to meet the organization's expectations for
productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal
· Provide effective performance feedback through employee
recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action (with the assistance
of Human Resources where necessary).
· Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job
rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, cover for
absenteeism, and on-call scheduling.
· Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate
organization information through department meetings, one-on-one
meetings, and appropriate email, IM (Instant Messaging), and
regular interpersonal communication.
· Provide Guidance and Leadership on creating and maintaining
· Provide Guidance and Leadership in creating, structuring, and
maintaining data storage systems.
· Oversee the prioritization of projects and DBA team
· Support the DBA’s in root cause analysis assessments
· Identify and plan strategies to address system
· Plan strategic initiatives to improve the efficiencies in our
Technical Experience & Background:
· Skilled in SQL Server, MySQL, & SQL managed instances.
· Experience in cloud environments, including but not limited to
managed database instances.
· Senior level experience in Managing Database Platforms (MS
· Experience in successfully growing and managing a team of
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment
opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of
race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people
with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for
candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
When you apply for a position, your information is processed and
use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted
position. We also store this information, and may use it in
relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we
believe may be relevant to you given your background. When we have
no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we
will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about
how PointClickCare uses or processes your information, or if you
would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information,
please contact PointClickCare’s human resources team here