Company: ZEISS Meditec Production
Posted on: March 20, 2020
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of
what is possible. That s just what our employees are doing every
single day in order to set the pace through our innovations and
enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful
company are many great fascinating people.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE KEEN TO TRY SOMETHING NEW:
* Efficiently operate all IOL machining and metrology
* Understand and read lens drawings, overlays and be able to
perform all necessary inspections for the manufacturing of
* Ensure all finished products meet quality standards and
* Consistently meet quality and daily shift outputs.
* Keep the machining cell clean and organized.
* Maintain minimum average yield of 90% at Pre-Tumbling.
* Complete understanding of all applicable MSOPs, process
parameters, quality standards and line clearance requirements.
* Maintain proper documentation per GDP, filling-out work orders
correctly. Accurately record quality and quantities achieved.
* Listen and communicate effectively with the Leads and Supervisors
on any workstation issues.
* Operate microscope, comparator, BFL Bench, Trioptics and/or NiMo
optical verification system.
* Control and adjust proper temperature on equipment.
* Maintain clean vacuum lines
* Hands on knowledge of all utility connections (airlines, vacuum
* Perform all machine setup, tooling changes and adjustments
* Power Lathes/Mills CNC machines through the menu and set the
machines for production.
* Provide feedback and solutions on process issues and have a clear
understanding of quality issues related to machining.
* Must be able to properly adjust machine feeds and speeds.
* Train and provide technical support to all levels of Machinists
and adjust their practice if needed.
* Responsible for performing basic lead functions when lead is
* Maintain clean scales, probes and overall machine equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and abilities required. * Maintains the work area and
equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows safety
* Ability to effectively communicate with others within and outside
the organization (i.e. management, supervisors, coworkers,
inspectors and auditors from various governing bodies, such as FDA
* Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Regularly required to walk, stand, bend and twist
* Vision abilities required for this job include; close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
* Repetitive use of hands, controlled grasping and fine
* Must be able to use a microscope
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* 1-5 years of CNC machining experience required. In a spacious
modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS
employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit
reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership
structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to
bring science and society into the future together.
JOIN US TODAY. INSPIRE PEOPLE TOMORROW.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your
application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social
origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual
orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes. Online Application
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Keywords: ZEISS Meditec Production, Ontario , Machinist I/II/III, Other , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!