Technical Analyst - Support
Company: Advent Software
Posted on: September 19, 2022
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial
services and software for the financial services and healthcare
industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on
revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has
20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000
financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's
largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their
investments using SS&C's products and services.
Technical Analyst - Support
Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto Office - 30 Adelaide
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of
financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded
in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of
software technology in the financial services industry - technology
that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in
fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and
wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one
of America's best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000
employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in
Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America,
Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
Are you ready for new challenges working for a leading provider of
global transfer agency solutions? We have an excellent opportunity
for a Senior Microsoft Infrastructure Specialist to join our team
to support leading edge technology and solutions that the financial
industry is built on and excel in supporting global industry
leaders in mutual fund, banking and insurance industries.
The qualified candidate will have a Network, windows and Linux
background with strong troubleshooting and problem determination
skills. The position requires solid knowledge of Linux (Redhat),
Windows 2008/2012/2016 Servers and Network. The successful
candidate must also possess strong interpersonal skills and have
the ability to interact with internal/external clients.
General Role & Responsibilities:
* Solid Linux systems administration knowledge
* Document and maintain standards/best practices in a Development
* Support of Development environments including setup and
configuration, user ID setup and configuration, environment
refreshes and RTE administration
* Responsible for providing support of network connectivity issues
to internal and external clients.
* Responsible for running and patching cables, racking and testing
* Assist in the preparation of documentation and change control for
* Deployment of network attached equipment within IFDS' data
centres and client sites.
* Update monitoring tools (Nimbus, Cisco Works, Netflow, etc.).
* Work with internal teams to analyze and clarify firewall
* Work with external vendors for quotations.
Competencies: (Behavioral and Functional)
* Must have a post graduate degree in a related discipline
* Basic knowledge operating in a Linux (Redhat) and Windows 2008
* Strong knowledge of TCP/IP.
* Experience with using network management tools and the use of
SNMP and MIBs.
* Knowledge in enforcing network security policy via access lists
and firewall rules.
* Understanding of NAT (Network Address Translation)
* Experience in providing development support in a Linux based
* Experience with O/S administration including third party software
for Linux based Infrastructures
* Experience with Citrix Delivery and VMView VDI
* Strong shell and Perl scripting skills
* Knowledge and experience with Web technologies including JBOSS,
Spring Boot and Apache
* Knowledge and experience with Event Management and System
Monitoring including OpenView/HP BSM
* Knowledge of Linux Security and ITTL processes
* Previous experience providing client support in the financial
services and/or a service oriented environment
* Strong client relationship and organizational skills.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work as part of a cohesive team
* RHEL 7 certification or training
* Understanding of RH OpenShift, DOCKER, Containers and
* Progress Database Administration training
* Messaging knowledge an asset
* WebFOCUS/iWay knowledge/experience
* Cisco certification (i.e. CCNP).
Working at SS&C is balanced and fair - especially in
challenging times. We offer flexible work schedules, time off, and
so much more to keep you healthy, safe, and productive. SS&C
* Hybrid Schedule featuring 4-6 days in the office monthly combined
with working from home
* Competitive base salary plus EXCELLENT benefits (including
medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and more)!
* RRSP Matching Program
* Global Flexible Time Off Policy (personal/vacation time)
* Sick Leave Policy
* Eligible for performance-based bonus program three times per
* Tuition Reimbursement up to 70% and Professional Development up
* Candidate Referral Program
* Business Casual dress code (includes jeans)
SS&C Technologies Canada Corp. fosters a positive, equitable
and progressive workforce and is committed to accommodating
applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will
work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this
process. If you require any accommodation during the application
and hiring process, please contact: email@example.com
To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our
careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.No
phone calls or email applications please. We thank all candidates
for their interest, but only those under consideration will be
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies,
Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not
accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies,
or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent
benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and
professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran
status or any other classification protected by applicable
Keywords: Advent Software, Ontario , Technical Analyst - Support, IT / Software / Systems , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!