Human Resources Administrator-Assistant
Company: The Gund Company
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Oversee and administer all of TGC human resources related policies
and benefit programs while coordinating the search, interview,
hire, and training process for new employees.
Partners with Regional HR Manager, Plant Manager, Operations
Manager and Supervisors to develop, create and implement
improvement ideas for the facility. The incumbent will showcase
his/her communication, and organizational skills to ensure
employees are provided assistance, support and customer service in
line with the TGCs strategies, mission and values.
Summary of essential job functions
* Coordinate and process TGCs employee benefit programs (Health,
Dental, Vision, 401k and ESOP)
* Administer TGC employee policies including attendance, PTO,
scheduling and related policies
* Conduct an on-going search, interview, and hiring process to
screen new potential employees as required by the facility
* Oversee, administer and coordinate facility training and related
Talent Management programs for new hires and current employees
* Reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment
with benefits corporate administrator
* Ensures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and
other paperwork as directed
* Coordinates full benefits administration package and disability
insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers and
corporate administrator concerning routine administration of
Human Resources Function
* Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal
* Keeps employee records up to date by processing employee status
changes in timely fashion
* Maintains listing of approved positions along with assigned
salary grade levels
* Processes personnel action forms and ensures proper approvals;
disseminates approved forms.
* Track and reports monthly HR related metrics to Regional HR
* Prepares new-hire paperwork.
* Maintains and enters employee and candidate information through
use of organizational ATS, HRIS and ERP systems
* Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings on the
companys website, reviewing resumes, performing telephone
interviews and initiating reference and background checks
* Maintains the employee handbook with updated resolutions and
other pertinent information, as needed
* Monitors and assists with related employee relations functions
and employment investigations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
* Demonstrated knowledge of the practices and principles of Human
Resources including FMLA, ADA, workers compensation, safety
administration, benefits, and employee relations.
* Demonstrated knowledge and/or education of US federal and WI
employment law, EEO equal employment guidelines and policies
including the principles and
* Practices of staffing administration including methods and
techniques used in recruitment and selection, classification and
compensation, and training
* Ability to work well with all levels of employees and
* Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems
while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance
* Experience with HRIS systems
* Strong communication skills and the ability to develop and guide
processes through to closure
* Strong results orientation and a history of driving positive
change with measurable results
* Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work
effectively under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
* Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material and
information in an ethical, professional manner and oversee the
local payroll function.
Required Experience & Education
* High school diploma or equivalent, with some college or technical
school course work and minimum of three years of job-related
experience in a human resource department
* Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred
* An equivalent combination of experience and education also
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer software
(Microsoft Office), computer hardware and computer servers.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
* High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situations and documentation.
* Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
* Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials,
establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
* Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication
* Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers; talk and
The work environment is typical of most office environments;
occasionally, the position will be required to be on the
manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by those assigned to a particular
position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required and personnel may be
required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed.
Keywords: The Gund Company, Ontario , Human Resources Administrator-Assistant, Human Resources , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!