Certified Nurse Midwife
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Under the supervision of an Ob-Gyn Physician, manages the
medical care of patients throughout the maternity cycle, including
the antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and gynecological periods.
Provides standard maternity care and counseling to expectant women
following ambulatory care and inpatient standardized procedures,
protocols, policy and procedures and instructions regulated by the
State of California Nurse Practice Act and Southern California
Permanente Medical Group.--Essential Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of an Ob-Gyn physician, manages the care
of women during labor and delivery.
- Obtains an accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological and
psycho-social history of the present pregnancy.
- Observes signs of the member's general and obstetrical health
- Performs complete physical examinations including the pap
smear, breast examination, abdominal examination, pelvic
examination and clinical pelvimetry.
- Records all findings of examinations, histories and significant
observations in the patient's chart.
- Determines pregnancy status during gestation, presentation and
position of fetus and fetal heart rate.
- Determines whether all findings are within normal limits.
- Orders appropriate laboratory examinations such as chest X-ray,
ultrasound, CBC, urinalysis, blood type and Rh factor, serology
- Consults with and obtains orders from an obstetrician for any
special care or diagnostic procedure and refers to other services
- Institutes preventative measures and detects abnormal
conditions, obtains consultation and assistance from physicians as
- Teaches, counsels and guides individual members regarding their
individual health care.
- Determines the need for social services, genetics or mental
health services and refers as appropriate.
- Evaluates patient's general and obstetrical health status.
- Provides health supervision, care and family planning advice to
women during antepartum and postpartum periods.
- Evaluates fetal status by performing such procedures as
abdominal palpation and ultrasound examinations to estimate fetal
weight, presentation and position, approximate station and fetal
- Able to perform internal and external fetal monitoring and
- Consults with obstetrician regarding questionable
- Determines member's degree of labor and whether member is to be
admitted to labor and delivery.
- Independently conducts normal spontaneous vaginal
- First assists at Cesarean Sections and gynecological
- Performs immediate care of the newborn.Basic
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Graduate of a nurse midwifery program accredited by the
A.C.N.M. BS or BSN or BA required, MS Degree required in
2010.License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN License.
- Current California Nurse Midwife Certificate.
- NRP Provider Card Required.
- Effective April 20, 2010 Maintains national certification from
the American Midwifery Certification Board (ACMB) National Provider
Number (NPI) and be an approved Medicare provider.Additional
- If the department elects to hire a new grad CNM, the California
Furnishing Number and, if applicable, DEA Registration Number must
be obtained within twelve (12) months of hire.
- BCLS.Preferred Qualifications:
- Three (3) years recent experience as a CNM preferred.Notes:
- 40-hour--work week, made up of 12 or 24 inpatient shifts or
4hr, 8hr clinic shifts (shifts include weekends, nights and
- Call shifts will be at FMC or OMC.
- Clinic shift locations at Fontana, Redlands and/or Hesperia.Job
Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Ontario , Certified Nurse Midwife, Healthcare , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...