RN II - Operating Room *$20,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking for a Registered Nurse II for the Operating Room
at St. Joseph Hospital Orange. Location: Orange, CA Work Schedule:
Full time - 72 Biweekly Hours Shift: 12-hour, Days Job Summary: The
Registered Nurse independently uses the nursing process to safely,
therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses
information from a variety of sources, including Jean Watsons
Theory of Human Science and Caring to assess, plan, implement,
identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care. The
Registered Nurse oversees the duties and competencies of the
healthcare team; these include the performance of nursing assistant
duties, clerical, food service, and environmental services duties
as applicable. The Registered Nurse will practice in accordance
with all regulatory, professional, legal, and hospital policies.
- CLINICAL PRACTICE: The practitioner is accountable to recognize
the health and quality of life needs of patients, family and
community and to collaborate with them to achieve mutually agreed
upon goals. The practitioner utilizes his/her specialized skills
and scientific knowledge to design collaborative and integrated
care that binds together all resources in a goal oriented movement
toward health. Components in clinical practice are competence,
evidenced based practice/continuous quality improvement, advanced
practice nursing, and practice standards.
- Utilizes nursing process to perform a comprehensive,
age-specific assessment of patient and family needs.
- Performs a comprehensive patient/family physical assessment on
assigned patients demonstrating the ability to integrate cultural,
psychosocial and spiritual needs of the specific population
- Identifies trends in patients' clinical course, assesses
proactively, when necessary.
- Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to assessment.
- Serves as a clinical resource in the development of basic
assessment skills interventions.
- Identifies formal teaching needs for specific patients/families
- Identifies teaching goals with patient/family and utilizes
resources to develop complex, interdisciplinary teaching
- Identifies ongoing needs and makes referrals utilizing
- Assures that patients/families have acquired all necessary
skills and referrals for post-hospitalization.
- Utilizes nursing process to develop and revise plan of
- Obtains resources and collaborates with other departments
regarding teaching needs.
- Identifies and selects appropriate patients for patient care
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission and facilitates the
discharge plan based upon the patient's continuing care needs.
- Plans for interventions that minimize complications and
- Participates in interdisciplinary conferences. Implements safe
and therapeutic care for patients.
- Implements plan of care for patients of moderate
- Re-prioritizes as necessary to adapt to changing patient
condition, work environment and patient assignments.
- Responds to individual/cultural differences in patient/family
- Evaluates patient assessment, planning and implementation in
relation to intended goals and progress toward expected
- Involves the interdisciplinary team in evaluating the
patient's/family's progress toward attaining expected
- Utilizes ongoing assessment data to revise the diagnoses,
outcomes, and plan of care as needed.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and the patient's
response in relation to outcomes.
- COLLABORATION: The process whereby the health care team plan
and practice together as colleagues working interdependently within
the boundaries of their scope of practices using shared values and
mutual respect for each others' contribution to care for
individuals, their families and communities. Major elements include
non-hierarchical relationships and intra-inter-professional
- Participates in Shared Governance/Participative
- Actively participates in unit/service level committee/task
- Participates with unit manager and fellow associates in
defining, implementing, and evaluating unit goals.
- Promotes changes to meet unit needs.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit/service budget.
- Actively participates in cost effective initiatives, seeks
opportunities to eliminate inappropriate and wasteful use of
- Articulates fundamental unit budgetary principals, such as
equipment charges and staffing ratios.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related
to staffing and scheduling.
- Follows scheduling guidelines and demonstrates flexibility in
order to meet unit and patient needs.
- CULTURE AND CARING: The central theme of the SJHS practice
model is the caring relationship that exists between the
patient/family and nurse. Caring practices are activities that are
responsive to the uniqueness of the patient/family and that create
a compassionate and therapeutic environment. Holistic practice
addresses physical, emotional, spiritual, cognitive and
developmental needs of patients and families across the life span.
Care for the body, mind and spirit--from birth to final stage of
life--is a desired characteristic of professional practice. Skills:
- Competent clinician, provides care in a skilled and effective
manner, utilizing appropriate technical and decision making
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with
patients, patients' families, and ancillary departments.
- Good math skills and basic computer data entry skills.
- Basic clinical skills of unit specific type patients.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to organize and prepare
nursing care plans, implement effective nursing care, and develop
solutions to patient care problems.
- Ability to coordinate and delegate team activities.
- Effective skills in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese. Minimum
Position Requirements: Education: Coursework/Training - Graduate of
a school of nursing or enrolled in an accelerated program leading
to BSN or MSN degree. Experience:
- Operating Room-Main Hospital, 742100-J01:
- 1 year RN Operating Room experience OR 1 year nursing
experience with successful completion of an intra-op training
- BSN required Licenses/Certifications:
- Current California Registered Nursing License.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for
- Operating Room-Main Hospital, 742100-J01: Current American
Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Preferred
Position Qualifications: Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Licenses/Certifications: Operating Room-Main Hospital, 742100-J01:
CNOR. Compassion. Dignity. Justice. Excellence. Integrity.These
timeless values form the heart and soul of St. Joseph Hospital.
They are the prime reason that we attract and retain high-caliber
employees who believe in the sanctity of their work in our
faith-based setting.As a result of this affinity, most of our
employees have remained with us for at least five years. Over 40
percent of our new employees were either referred by friends or
applied to work at St. Joseph based on our reputation. It is little
wonder, then, that retention rate is significantly higher than the
average for healthcare institutions in our community.Clinical
ExcellenceWhen you take the latest in medical technology and place
it in the hands of highly skilled clinicians, recognition is sure
to follow. In July 2007, 2008 and 2009, St. Joseph Hospital was
named one "America's Best Hospitals" for Orthopedic Care by U. S.
News and World Report. This highly esteem recognition is testimony
to our unique blend medical science and compassionate, values-based
care.A haven that feels like home.St. Joseph Hospital offers a
unique environment in which healthcare givers who share a kindred
spirit can do important work and grow both spiritually and
professionally. Here, values-based employees view their jobs not
simply as careers but also as callings.Care to get acquainted? Then
we warmly invite you to explore the many career opportunities
offered by St. Joseph Hospital!St. Joseph Hospital provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions
specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of
shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff
vacancies. Company: St. Joseph Hospital Orange Category: Surgical
Services (Intraop) Req ID: R348200
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Ontario , RN II - Operating Room *$20,000 Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!