Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: January 5, 2022
More Information about this Job: CRITICAL CARE TRANSPORT (CCT)
NURSE PT Location: Redlands, CA Reports To: Critical Care Transport
(CCT) Nurse Manager Department: Field Operations FLSA Status:
Non-Exempt SUMMARY The Critical Care Transport (CCT) Nurse performs
basic life support, advance life support and critical care nursing
for patients with various and multiple diagnoses of all ages. The
CCT Transport Nurse provides direct patient care to patients during
the transport by following local EMS transport and treatment
protocols. The CCT Transport Nurse functions under standing orders
of the physician or the medical director. The CCT Transport Nurse
performs assessments, treats, and monitors patients during
inter-facility transports.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND
- Responds to patient care and/or critical care transport unit
calls according to program protocols.
- Provides high quality routine and emergency nursing care of the
patient in the transport environment in accordance with established
CCT program policies, protocols, standards of care, standing
orders, and under the medical control of the sending
- Provides patient care within the Registered Nurse scope of
practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and per CCT
standardized procedure, utilizing critical thinking skills to
manage the critically ill or injured adult or pediatric
- Notes all physicians' transport orders.
- Acts as a member of the Critical Care Transport Team by
assisting the EMT's in the transfer of the patient from bed to
gurney and back.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Completes daily/regularly scheduled transport unit equipment
- Maintains equipment in working order and ensures transport
vehicles are kept clean and fully stocked.
- Completes documentation on Controlled Substances per CCT
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all external
and internal customers, including patients and their families,
hospital staff, the community, EMT's, ALS/BLS Operations personnel
and CCT administration.
- Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications in
accordance with company policy.
- Represents the CCT program and AMR in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Ability to assess, plan, organize, implement and evaluate
patient care activities.
- Ability to function independently; to prioritize, delegate and
utilize critical thinking skills in a variety of patient care
situations. NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Perform other duties as
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Minimum 2 years of ICU RN experience or 5 years
ED/CCT/Cardiac/Trauma RN experience (Non-negotiable)
- Current ACLS, PALS, BLS-C (or equivalent) provider status.
- Valid Driver's License
- PHTLS and NRP Provider Certification desired (must be obtained
within 6 months of hire)
- ICS courses, please refer to link
- IS-100B (ICS 100) IS-700A (NIMS)
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- IS-800B (NIMS)
- IS-200B (ICS 200)
- Current critical care inter-facility transfer experience; CEN,
CCRN, TNCC or ENC Certification; BTLS/PHTLS #EMSJOBS_PA #GMR_2Upon
acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be
required to submit your Covid-19 vaccination status of either
vaccinated or not vaccinated. EEO Statement: Global Medical
Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity
Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Ontario , CCT Nurse, Healthcare , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!