Assistant Store Manager- Ontario, CA
Company: Rockler Companies, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
This role is the gatekeeper for Customer Service and
Satisfaction for the Store. The Assistant Store Manager is
accountable for the ensuring of maximum sales and profitability
through sales, merchandise, inventory, expense control, human
resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage in
support of the Store Manager.Our customers love us and so will you!
Rockler is a family-owned business that helps woodworkers and
do-it-yourselfers create amazing projects out of wood through
innovative products, education and advice. Are you interested in
woodworking or DIY projects? Do you enjoy helping others? If so,
this may be the perfect job for you!Responsibilities are as follows
but not limited to:
- Welcoming and engaging with customers as they enter the
- Assist Store Manager in assessing Store performance; monitor
Store Metrics and assist Store Manager to develop and implement
- Control expenses and shrink to optimize store
- Maintain all merchandising standards, display presentation and
- Ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
- Drive local marketing events (classes, demos, etc.) and events
attracting new customers to meet sales objectives.
- Promote woodworking activities, knowledge, and awareness within
the community (i.e. involvement in guilds, clubs, schools, etc.) to
increase store traffic and sales.Required Qualifications:
- Energetic, self-motivated, listening and communication skills,
bilingual a plus!
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time; ability to lift
up to 50 lbs. and safely participate in team lifting.
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience in a work setting
- 1 to 3 years previous retail sales experience, preferably with
a similar product line, required.
- Ability to network and build relationships with customers.
- Problem-solving and resolution skills
- Flexibility to work retail schedule and overtime as needed
(9:00a.m.- 7:00p.m M-Fri ,Sat 9:00am-6:00pm and 11:00a.m. -4: 00p.m
, and designated holidays.The Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- We offer competitive Health, Dental and Vision benefits for
- Life insurance - Employer paid basic Life Insurance, with the
option to add Voluntary Life Insurance if desired.
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan along with company match!
- Fulltime are eligible for Paid Vacation, Sick and Float
- The flexibility of working a Retail Schedule (weekends,
evenings & holidays)
- Assistant Store Manager Incentive Plan
- Excellent Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- And much more!Come work for an industry leader! Rockler
Companies, Inc. is a growing national retail, direct mail and
publishing organization with retail stores across the U.S. We are
one of the largest online resources for woodworkers, and we work
tirelessly to bring the industry's most innovative products,
thinking and education to our customers. Learn more about our
company at Rockler Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Inclusion and Diversity. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Rockler Companies, Inc., Ontario , Assistant Store Manager- Ontario, CA, Executive , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!