Manager, People and Culture Business Partnering
Company: Lululemon Athletica Inc
Posted on: November 23, 2022
WHO WE ARE
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big
things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall
purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are
proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the
world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe
our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores,
our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get
to make in every community we are in.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
The People and Culture Manager is the Lead Human Resources partner
of a DC Campus or large 24/7 fulfillment center. This role partners
with people managers and employees to accomplish business
objectives through the application of thoughtful, intentional and
innovative people support. They act as a People and Culture expert
delivering frontline counsel and guidance in all areas of talent
management. Additionally, they partner with business managers and
cross-functional partners to deal with various queries and resolve
issues autonomously, inclusive of all P&C matters. This role
reports into the Senior Manager, Business Partnering for Global
Fulfillment and supports all roles within Global Fulfillment based
in their market which is inclusive of Director level and below
positions. This role will also support and drive network wide
strategic initiatives and programs with direction from their
Manager. They Influence and inspire leaders by championing the
company's core values through the Practice of Leadership.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
* Provide effective and timely first line P&C support and
counsel to employee and manager inquiries on various P&C
related topics including assisting to interpret defined P&C
policies and procedures.
* Lead and partner on initiatives and projects that impact the
employee experience within the Global Fulfillment network.
* Support Managers through coaching on performance management and
improvement in order to assist in the creation/follow-up of action
plans around improving employee's performance.
* Provide coaching and advice on career development, recruitment
practices, succession planning, compensation and performance
management, diversity & inclusion and other human resource
* Provide advice in relation to involuntary separation requests
from managers to ensure compliance with company culture and
practices, determine legal exposure by verifying applicable
legislation, and make a recommendation to leadership on how to
* Prepare and administer termination notices and related
documentation around termination of employment.
* In partnership with benefits team, support Managers with
accommodation request cases and follow up with internal and
external partners on progression of each file including return to
* Conduct exit interviews to identify issues in the team/department
and provide recommendation on action plans for improvement.
* Monitor employee engagement and provide advice and recommendation
on action plans to build on strengths and address areas of
* Support operational workforce planning and support hiring
managers to determine resourcing needs and develop necessary
information to support job leveling and compensation to prepare for
* Supports their Manager with delivery of annual people programs
including grind, bi-annual compensation review, promotion exercises
and bonus programs.
* In partnership with the People Practices team, ensure compliance
for all corporate policies & procedures, all federal & provincial
laws and corporate P&C related matters are proactively
researched and managed.
* As required in partnership with People Practices, lead and
conduct investigations regarding violations of our company's
standards of conduct
* Partners with People and Culture Specialist to on people
analytics reporting in order to communicate data to inform and
* In partnership with People and Culture Centers of Excellence,
facilitate training to the business for P&C programs (eg.
annual performance management review, Compensation /Bonus/ Equity)
* Ensure that all Workday people transactions and reporting is
completed in a timely manner along with general P&C
administration management in partnership with People Experiences
* A minimum of 8 years progressive generalist or similar relatable
* 1-2 years of experience leading or partnering to drive strategic
* Deep understanding of US and California Labor Law. Knowledge of
Canada labor law is a plus.
* Broad human resource knowledge and ability to facilitate the
delivery of People and Culture advisory services to the
* Passion for the employee experience and is energized to regularly
walk the warehouse floor and foster connection and an open-door
culture with all employees
* Conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict
* Negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to
* Decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee
relations, people management and training
* Personal responsibility to see issues through to resolution and
meticulous attention to detail.
* Ability to work from the lululemon California Distribution
Center. Will have the ability to work remote from time to time.
* Ability to travel 2-3 times per year between US and Canada if
* Will have a team of HR professionals onsite to support, however,
business needs may require time spent supporting night shift team
if issues requiring HR support arise.
* Experience supporting salary and hourly employees in an HR
capacity a plus
* Experience working in any aspect of supply chain a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the business
both written and verbally
* Proficiency in speaking and writing in Spanish language a
* Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes
personal responsibility for their life.
* Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to
achieve great results.
* Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for
others to do the same.
* Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is
bigger than the fear of failure.
* Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting
* Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn't
take themselves too seriously.
Keywords: Lululemon Athletica Inc, Ontario , Manager, People and Culture Business Partnering, Executive , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!