HR Manager / Business Partner
Company: NEW-INDY CONTAINERBOARD LLC
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Do you have a passion for learning, a thirst for knowledge and
desire to be better?Is the development of strong HR and business
skills and abilities important to you?Are you interested in
developing the capabilities to enhance your career opportunities?Do
you have a keen mind, big heart, passion for HR and a strong work
ethic?Are you an "A student" who wants to be surrounded by "A
students" on a winning team?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we may have a unique
opportunity for you. Our value proposition for any HR professional
joining our team is ingrained in these questions. We practice good,
strong HR but it is more about "how" we do things than "what" we
Our employment value proposition is centered around these eight key
- Work - Meaningful, challenging work in a learning
- Culture - Values based, striving to succeed, supportive,
"friendly-focused," team success based on individual
- Team - Great people, high quality HR professionals, strong
education & experience, no drama, focused on goals/results & doing
the right thing, "when the team wins, everyone looks good"
- Management - Credible, high expectations, respected,
- Company - Well established, profitable company in essential
stable business, company (New-Indy) has grown significantly through
acquisition, joint venture partners have long history of industry /
- Personal - Enhancing an individual's HR portfolio (knowledge,
skills, business acumen), prepare them for the future and challenge
them to be / become their best
- Life balance - Family, friends, work, travel, health, fun, time
demands, urgencies are all part of life and require management,
flexibility and consideration
- Winning - New-Indy has established itself as one of the leading
companies in the industry, formed in 2012 and in 10 years has grown
Should you consider this opportunity?
- Only if it aligns with your values and work / life aspirations.
This job is not for the "faint of heart."
- Tremendous opportunity for a person with a thirst for knowledge
and desire to continue to increase HR and business capabilities and
build their career portfolio.
- Opportunity to be part of a strong company with a demonstrated
history of success.
- Be a valued member of a great team locally and in HR function -
excellent experience, quality education, leading former employers,
client focused, and good people. We "practice good HR" by focusing
on clients, developing strong business practices and taking the
company to a place where it wouldn't be without us.
- This position reports to the VP, Human Resources who is deeply
committed to our value proposition. Here's a few highlights of the
person you could work with:
- Education: MS, MBA (USC), Executive education from Harvard,
Stanford and USC
- Experience: Broad multi-industry (aerospace, consulting,
logistics, manufacturing) background in senior HR management
- Development: Hires great people and facilitates their growth.
Previous employees have risen to VP HR (5) and HR Director (10+)
- Style: Coaching, challenging, involved but provides employees
with autonomy and functional responsibility
- Take full ownership of assigned HR work and functional areas;
ask questions, utilize the team and go with it
- Develop, evaluate and implement first class HR programs and
practices to improve the capabilities and quality of life of our
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the best quality work
- Work on special projects and tasks
- Help build our brand as an employer of choice.
- Partner with other departments to improve overall business
What we're looking for:
- High quality HR generalist background with specific experience
in employee relations, talent acquisition, compliance and
- A strategic and tactical thinker-doer. Ability to assess
processes and find ways to make them better.
- Passion for HR/people, expanding knowledge, strong focus on
delivering excellence and client service.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with employees and
- Individual that will take full ownership of assigned work and
areas of responsibility.
- High emotional intelligence and business and financially
- Positive, optimistic, action-oriented individual with a "can
do" work ethic.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; interact well
with all levels of organization.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred.
- PHR / SPHR or SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Experience with Paycom (HRIS) a plus.
Who is New-Indy Containerboard?
- Founded in 2012, New-Indy Containerboard is a joint venture of
two successful, privately held companies, the Kraft Group and
- We are a manufacturer and supplier of containerboard and
- With 2,200 employees from Southern California to the coasts of
the Carolinas, New-Indy plays an integral role in the everyday
lives of people across the country and around the world through its
innovative packaging solutions to serve the needs of every
- We operate in 8 states, with 4 paper mills and 3 packaging
companies in 16 locations.
- New-Indy has experienced substantial growth through
acquisition. Since 2012, we have a growth rate of almost 1,000% and
we aren't slowing down!
- We focus on environmentally conscious manufacturing processes
and facilities including 100% recycled fiber, co-generation power
plants and waste-water treatment capabilities.
- Visit our website at www.newindycontainerboard.com
- Follow us on LinkedIn at
Keywords: NEW-INDY CONTAINERBOARD LLC, Ontario , HR Manager / Business Partner, Executive , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!