Operations Manager - 2nd Shift
Company: Owens & Minor, Inc.
Posted on: July 31, 2022
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare
process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US
and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated
technologies, products and services across the full continuum of
care. Customers-and their patients-are at the heart of what we
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and
our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor teammate benefits include:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working
* 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
* Employee stock purchase plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Development opportunities to grow your career with a global
Coordinates and leads Distribution Center 2nd shift operations
activities, including receiving, warehousing, shipping, delivery,
customer quality, and product inventory accuracy in a manner
consistent with company service and cost objectives.
* Mon - Fri, 1 PM start*
* Directs all Operations activities and teammates within a small or
medium-sized (based on revenue, complexity, headcount) Distribution
Center (DC), or multiple functions within a large-sized DC.
* Provides proactive feedback to Operations Supervisors, initiating
management coaching, teammate performance feedback, individual
performance feedback, and corrective actions where needed.
* Works with Operations leadership to develop and execute
initiatives to improve DC metrics that drive financial
* Reviews and approves appropriate DC or functions' expenses, and
makes capital recommendations where appropriate.
* Leads the achievement of DC or functional Key Performance
Indicators in the areas of Safety, Quality, Productivity, and
* Oversees all customer service for the DC or functions, resolving
issues relating to service quality, pick pack and ship
requirements, and deliveries. Coordinates with local Account
Management team, and Corporate Operations as needed.
* Implements the conversion of new customers at the DC to ensure
successful implementation of new business
* Enforces DC adherence to company developed SOP's / WI's for
warehouse management and transportation.
* Monitors and reports performance of DC or functions, implementing
root cause analysis to consistently work towards improving teammate
relations, customer quality, and operational efficiency.
* Oversees DC or functions' succession planning, identifying,
attracting, developing, coaching, and retaining talent.
* Ensures adherence to all regulatory requirements regarding
scheduled drugs, hazardous material, dating merchandise, storage
requirements and reporting agencies (DOL, DEA, FDA, OSHA, etc.).
Acts as the Designated Representative (DR) for the DC where
required by licensing and compliance laws / regulations.
* Bachelor's degree required
* 9 or more years of professional supply chain or warehouse
operations experience, preferably within the
healthcare/medical/medical device industry
* Previous supervisory, leadership, planning, communication,
organization, and people motivation experience highly preferred
* Or any combination of relevant education and experience to meet
the above requirements
* In depth knowledge of supply chain management, logistics,
distribution, and/or warehouse management best practices.
* Strong financial acumen including prior profit and loss
* Ability to work fast and effectively within a matrix
* Demonstrated leadership and people management skills with an
ability to lead, coach and mentor all levels of teammates.
* Proven team building skills, both internal and external, with the
ability to motivate and direct the work of others.
* Exceptional customer relationship skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability
to influence senior level management.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated
ability to direct large complex initiatives across a broad network
and ensure completion.
* Proven ability to analyze and conclude; ability to Continuous
Improvement methodologies and to standardize processes across
multiple sites and functions.
* Ability to lead and drive change among peers and direct
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career,
we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any
other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or
Keywords: Owens & Minor, Inc., Ontario , Operations Manager - 2nd Shift, Executive , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!