Associate Director Operations
Posted on: June 15, 2022
About Linde: Linde is a leading global industrial gases and
engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our
mission of -making our world more productive -every day by
providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which
are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and
protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets
including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics,
energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's
industrial gases are used in countless applications, from
life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases
for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much
more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions
to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and
emissions reductions. For more information about the company and
its products and services, please visit . Job Overview: This
position has responsibility for directing, planning and leading
operations in the areas of production, distribution and maintenance
to ensure the required business objectives and strategies for the
West region of USIG are met in a safe and environmentally compliant
manner. This position has -accountability for the day to day
operations of the Ontario CA production and distribution
operations. This position works closely with and reports to the
West Region Director of Operations. Specific scope and
responsibilities for this position are: This position defines the
priorities, plans, and objectives for manufacturing operations and
distribution for the Ontario Gaseous and Liquid Hydrogen plants.
This seasoned individual has expert knowledge of principles and
practices within operations, and an understanding of business
strategies and culture, and works to achieve results and drive
performance on a regional and national basis. Primary
- Directs a group of employees and/or consultants to flawlessly
execute operational requirements, change and/or process
- Creates and manages complex operational plans that result in
the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Directs and leads complex or unusual assignments across
- Act as primary interface, coordinating and facilitating
activities and commitments with other departments, businesses,
- Ensure response strategies are appropriately formulated and
communication plans are provided.
- Establishes goals, promotes decision-making, delegates as
appropriate and overcomes obstacles.
- Takes a leadership role in creation and oversight of
- Works with strategic independence, conferring with Senior and
Executive Management on more complex or unusual assignments.
- Monitors external/internal trends, develops procedures, makes
judgments and takes organization-wide actions that set
- Focuses on planning and execution for current year.
- Staff, train, coach, and administer performance reviews, salary
increases and corrective action of subordinate employees.
- Ensures compliance to all safety policies and procedures, leads
operational discipline throughout the Praxair employee
organizations, work closely with the SH&E organization in
achieving established goals.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, federal, and Praxair
policies regarding environmental, permitting, and product quality
requirements. - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Develops, implements, and supports Lean Six Sigma and Cost
- Manages and achieves plant and product supply reliability
- Manages and achieves plant fixed and variable cost goals,
develop monthly business report covering financial performance and
create action plans to address deficiencies,
- Works across all levels of Praxair organizations to achieve
desired results into a cohesive and effective management team Job
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years Operations experience
- 2+ years Plant Management experience
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to drive execution of
projects and strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Must possess proven leadership, team building, and decision
- Must be reliability and efficiency focused and possess strong
planning and execution skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with
the ability to motivate and lead a diverse workforce to achieve
desired results. At Linde, we strive to create a work environment
that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and
ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our
differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to
remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing
pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde. We offer a
comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays
and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k)
(with matching), and pension benefits. Linde thanks all applicants
in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who
are being considered for an interview will be contacted. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Praxair-USIG, Ontario , Associate Director Operations, Executive , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!