Director of Care
Company: Southbridge Care Homes
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Location: Thornbury, ON
Position: Director of Care Permanent, Full-time
Caring, Hard Working individuals are invited to apply for the
permanent, full-time Director of Care position at our 60 bed
Long-Term Care Home located in beautiful Thornbury, Ontario.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Care is
responsible for managing all aspects of nursing care within the
home to ensure quality resident care through the effective,
efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the
Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements
goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for
both residents and department personnel in accordance with
policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government
officials, company resources and professionals in relation to
resident care needs and department activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the
- Registered Nurse required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Membership or eligible for membership with the College of
Nurses of Ontario
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse
in the long-term care sector required;
- At least three years of working experience as a registered
nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care
setting required; and
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and
labour contracts preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices
and techniques including education
- Effective human relation skills
Interested applicants should apply through . We would like to thank
all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team!
Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment
process will be contacted.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated
organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist,
accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment
and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights
Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your
needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Southbridge Care Homes, Ontario , Director of Care, Executive , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!