Director of Pipeline Engineering
Company: WestLAND Group, Inc.
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Who We Are: Voted top 100 "Best Firms to Work For" for "2016,
2017, 2018, 2019, WestLAND Group is a civil engineering,
geospatial, and land planning company providing creative and
innovative solutions to public and private clients throughout
California since 2000. The firm specializes in civil
engineering/site development; utility engineering; surveying and
mapping; and GIS. As a Women Owned Business Enterprise, WLG offers
the mentorship and friendly, fast paced environment coupled
withprofessional growth opportunities, competitive salaries, and
comprehensive benefits. Our firm is dedicated to finding quality
candidates and we offer a competitive compensation plan and an
excellent benefit package which includes the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A Salary Package that includes an excellent Incentive
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- 401k Plan with a generous company match and fully vested
- Flexible Work Schedule (9/80; Half-day Fridays, etc.
- Professional Development Assistance
Position Description: The Director of Pipeline Engineering is
responsible for managing and directing the Pipeline Engineering
Department and for developing and implementing department
protocols, procedures, and serving as the business and technical
leader. Will be responsible for securing new business opportunities
and clients, developing department annual revenue goals, preparing
/ overseeing proposals for new projects and directing multiple
tasks in a fast-paced environment including preparation of plans,
reports, schedules and budgets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
- Responsible for the management, planning, scheduling, and
budget of multiple engineering projects and personnel.
- Manage project objectives by collaborating with client and
company personnel, developing project proposals, and working
closely with WLG Business Development Team and Leadership on Key
- Manage and organize a team of engineers by assembling,
communicating with, directing and assigning responsibilities.
- Negotiating proposals with and contracting with approved
- Control multiple projects simultaneously by directing and
approving changes in design, specification, budget and schedule
consistent with project objectives.
- Ensure both project and department revenue goals, deadlines,
and budgets are met while adhering to the company's design and
- Provides direction and training to fellow personnel, including
assignment of responsibilities and tasks.
- Administer annual performance reviews, interview, hire and
train employees, address complaints and resolve problems from
clients or staff.
- Clearly understand and explain (to WLG employees or
subcontractors) client Engineering and Design Standards to ensure
project deliverables meet contractual specifications.
- Approve quality of work by analyzing design, client
requirements, and performance standards and provide needed feedback
regarding accuracy, completeness and value.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferable Mechanical or
Petroleum, or in a related field in the gas and petroleum
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the state of California
- 10+ years' experience in managing Pipeline Engineering
- Working understanding of Utility Operations, CPUC ratemaking /
oversight, system designs, gathering systems, meter and compressor
stations, production systems, hydraulic modeling, hydrostatic
testing, project controls, and understanding of the federal
regulatory and environmental permitting process, a plus.
- Experience with computer aided drafting software's AutoCAD,
Plant3D, Civil3d, experience with MicroStation is a plus.
- Prior experience with managing and developing a staff as well
as familiarity with a project's scope and budget.
- Experience in preparing proposals as well as maintaining
project deadlines and budget.
- Excellent technical, verbal and written communication
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to multitask and work on
several projects concurrently.
- Proven marketing skills and ability to secure new clients
within the pipeline industry.
WestLAND Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: WestLAND Group, Inc., Ontario , Director of Pipeline Engineering, Executive , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!